The Awakenings Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to promote the emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being of the community through the use of education, counseling, and other related services.
Some of our ongoing projects include:
- Collection and dissemination of clothes and household items to those in need.
- Sponsorship of families during the holidays. We support The Salvation Army, Safe Nest, Shade Tree, Convanant of Love, CCSN, Hospice of LV and others.
- Identification of women who are starting over. We provide counseling, life coaching, and material items needed.
- Provide free or low cost counseling and acupuncture.
- Toy drives at Christmas time.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas food and gifts
- Christmas gifts for homeless teens in the school district
- Back to School Drives
- Easter Baskets for the kids
- Year books
- Prom night dresses and Tuxedos
- Clothing, food certificates, school supplies to help “schooll closets”
- Provide families and couples in distress with counseling and vocational assistance.
- Clothing and money to victims of Katrina , Hurricane Sandy and other national disasters.
- Provide counseling and rehabilitative services for the homeless and people whose lives have been devastated through the use of alcohol and drugs.
- Training and education in life skills, parenting, and meditation.
- Provide recovery information regarding self-help groups to heal from alcohol and other addictions.
Please consider donating today!